Monday, July 22, 2019

Underestimating Miss Cecilia by Carolyn Miller.



Underestimating Miss Cecilia is the second book in the Daughters of Aynsley series by Carolyn Miller. This is the story of Cecilia Hatherleigh, the shy and sweet Aynsey daughter. She is in love with the boy next door, Edward Amherst, who is also the earl’s younger son. This lovely regency story traces their story as they both grow in their relationship with Christ, learn about God’s heart for those in need, and learn how to love unselfishly.

Underestimating Miss Cecilia talks of Gypsies, rebellions, and Regency house parties.I loved learning about the different games played at house parties and imagining myself there. But more than the charm of the Regency time, Ms. Miller has a unique way of helping the reader examine their faith as they share in the story of her characters. Her stories are so rich and her characters are so well developed. Ms. Miller carried me back in time and I felt like I am sharing a cup of tea with Cecy’s family in their lovely home in Somerset, England. Cecy is painfully shy and compliant. Ms. Miller does a wonderful job getting the reader into Cecy’s head and seeing things from her perspective. I also enjoyed the perspective of Edward as the prodigal son. Ms. Miller made our Heavenly Father’s grace real through Edwards’s character.

I really enjoyed reading this story. I highly recommend Underestimating Miss Cecilia.
I was given this book by the publisher and not required to write a review.

If you would like the inside story from Carolyn Miller. Please read this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment