Monday, August 26, 2019

Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano


“There’s a wonderful charm to ordinary, everyday moments, and the people who remain through them. “  from Finding Lady Enderly.





Summary: Raina Bretton is a rag woman in London’s east end when a handsome stranger appears in a dank alley and offers her a glittering smile and a chance for adventure. Rothburne Abbey has a unique position for her, one that will take her away from her hardscrabble life and give her a chance to be a lady. Things she could only dream of might be coming true. But some dreams turn out to be nightmares.

Though Raina has traded squalor for silk and satin, something about the abbey is deeply unsettling. As she wrestles with her true identity, the ruin, decay, and secrets she finds at the heart of the old mansion tear at her confidence and threaten to reveal her for who she really is. Only one man stands between her and the danger that lurks within–and only if he decides to keep her biggest secret hidden.

Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano is an incredible book filled with mystery, love, adventure and the truth of who you are in Christ.  The descriptive language and well written story makes it a joy to read. I found my myself underlining and highlighting amazing quotes throughout the story.  Joanna is a gifted storyteller who will draw you into the story and make you not want to leave.


Rarely do you find a well written book filled with descriptive language, romance, characters you love, and spiritual depth.  Finding Lady Enderly is all of that . I highly recommend it.


“I’ve learned that a true hero is not an extraordinary man.  He may not impress the world, but he so greatly changes hers.  That makes him utterly heroic indeed.”

I was given this book by the publisher and not required to write a review.



Joanna Davidson Politano 

I’m a work-from-home mom of two fun and adventurous littles and we’ll soon be homeschooling. I married my hero Vince, who is my love and my polar opposite. I write, he tears it up with the red pen. I break cars and other mechanical things, he puts them back together. He’s nailed the “speak the truth” thing, and I bring the “in love” part. But the real spark to our marriage is that he does not like chocolate and I…  like it a normal amount. We love and live from our little house in the woods near Lake Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. I like her books a lot. Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is better than her others. Her writing has such depth. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete