Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Stranded at the Sandbar by Jess Mastorakos

Congrats to Jess Mastorakos on the release of Stranded at the Sandbar! This is the 3rd book in the Kailua Marines series, but can be read as a standalone.


                                                        

Buy on Amazon|Add to Your Goodreads TBR

People dream of being stranded in paradise… until it happens for real. You know those dumb quizzes on social media that tell you to pick the one person you wouldn’t mind being stuck on a deserted island with? Well, a few months ago, I would have said Kate, hands down. Easy day. We had a great thing going, and I even thought she was the one. Until she ghosted me. Now she’s back and wants to make amends. She had a reason for what she did, even if it hurt, so against my better judgment I invited her to go fishing on my boat. I definitely didn’t plan for what happened next. And the fierce need inside me to protect her at all costs? That surprised me too. Now we’re stuck together. And even though there’s a chance that this girl is the one for me, I just can’t shake what happened last time. Not with a deployment looming. What happens if history repeats itself and I’m not here to stop it? But first we need to get through this whole being stranded thing. And then after we’re rescued, we’ll deal with the rest. Because there’s no time for romance when you’re busy trying to survive, right? Stranded at the Sandbar is book three in this sweet military romance series and is told in both points of view in first person. Each book can be read as a standalone but are fun to read in order!

My Review: 

Stranded at the Sandbar: A Sweet, Castaway, Military Romance by Jess Mastorakos is a stand alone novel that is also part of a series of sweet, military romances (the Kailua Marines series).  Our story features Kate, who is incredibly afraid of the ocean and is coming out of a bad relationship, and Tyler, a warrant officer in the marines stationed in Hawaii and is known as our “nice” guy. 


Kate and Tyler become stranded as castaways on a deserted island, but luckily Tyler is a survivalist master.  The chemistry between Kate and Tyler is fantastic and they are characters I enjoyed getting to know, and wanted to root for.  The chapters alternate between Kate and Tyler’s perspective.  The characters have incredible dialogue with each other and themselves. I enjoyed this thoroughly     


This was an adventure filled, romantic, fast paced read that was set in the amazing location of Hawaii.   A fantastic read!  I am glad I discovered Jess Mastorakos, and highly recommend Stranded at the Sandbar. I was given the book by the author and required to write a review.



Jess Mastorakos writes sweet military romance. Grab a free book at 
jessmastorakos.com/forever-with-you




No comments:

Post a Comment