Thursday, November 18, 2021

Just Haven't Met You Yet by Sophie Cousin

Thank you to @putnambooks for the #gifted copy.

 
QOTD  Have you ever had a suitcase mix-up? I was picking up my son from a college visit at the airport when he texted me that he was still at the gate, because someone  had taken his suitcase. The look alike carry-on left at the gate had a torn luggage tag making it impossible to ID the owner. 
 
So, I stood at the top of two escalators in arrivals intently looking at each carry-on that passed for my son’s bag.  I was a mom on a mission. At last, I spotted his bag and kindly spoke to the family asking if they had mistakenly taken the wrong suitcase. The husband denied it.  I then watched as the wife made him check the tag, and the look of horror on their faces when they realized they had my son’s suitcase.  They kept apologizing as I texted back and forth with my son and airport officials.
 
I eventually left with my son, his suitcase and hearing the loudspeaker call the family to security. We now have bright orange luggage tags.  You can see them in the picture.
 
Book Review:  I have been waiting for Sophie Cousens’ new book, Just Haven’t Met You Yet, since I finished her last book.  My wait was not in vain. This is a fabulous novel! The author does an incredible job sharing with you the setting of the Island of Jersey, writing interesting characters, and looking at deeper issues while still being light-hearted and funny. 

Laura, the main character, is chasing a story from London to the Island of Jersey that involves how her parents met with a lost coin when her suitcase got switched with someone else's.  She finds the contents of the suitcase intriguing and is looking for who owns this suitcase as clearly he is the man of her dreams. Along the way, she explores the beautiful Island of Jersey, meets her extended family, and makes friends with the many interesting people on the island.  
Each chapter begins with an excerpt from the  book Tiger Woman or an excerpt from her parents in the summer of 1991.  I found myself laughing out loud, sighing, and enjoying myself as I read the book.  
 
Just Haven't Met You Yet by Sophie Cousens is a great book that touched my heart with it's beautiful writing and endearing themes.  The story is about family, knowing what matters, and living life in the present.  I absolutely loved the story! Truly you do not want to miss this!  I highly recommend it!  
 
Thank you to @putnambook for the advanced copy, all thoughts are my own.


Sophie Cousens writes romantic comedies. Before becoming a full time writer, she worked as a TV producer in London for more than twelve years, working on shows such as The Graham Norton Show, Russell Howard's Good News and Big Brother.  

She now lives on the island of Jersey in the UK, and balances her writing career with taking care of two small children. Sophie yearns for a time when she can add a miniature dachshund to her brood, and wishes for the ability to read books faster than she keeps buying them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment