Monday, November 8, 2021

The Donut Trap By Julie Tieu


The Donut Trap by Julie Tieu is a romantic comedy that I would consider a slice of life kind of book. Jasmine is currently working at her parent’s Donut Shop after graduating from college in Los Angeles, California. She is trying to figure out her life and find her place in the world. The book tells this story around Asian culture with romance and humor.

I thought this was a great story. I laughed out loud many times and found it simply charming. Jasmine had a few love interests and it was fun to wonder who she would end up with. Jasmine’s parents were funny and it was great to watch their relationship with Jasmine grow and change over time. The secondary characters added so much to the story and I felt like I had made many new friends by the end. I found the cultural aspect well written and I enjoyed learning more of the nuances of Asian culture.

The Donut Trap is a story about the importance of family, believing in your-self, and finding your way in the world. It is sprinkled with romance, friendships, and great humor! I recommend this delicious read!

Thank you to Avon Books for a copy. All opinions are my own.


Julie Tieu
is a Chinese-American writer, born and raised in Southern California. When she is not writing or working as a college counselor, she is reading, on the hunt for delicious eats, or dreaming about her next travel adventure. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her high school crush husband and two energetic daughters.




No comments:

Post a Comment