Saturday, January 8, 2022

#AFightStack Details

 #afightstack 




Our son Jonathan was diagnosed with stage 4 Ewings Sarcoma, a rare childhood cancer, in August of 2017 at 13. After battling cancer for 32 months, Jonathan passed April 3, 2020. We miss him every day.

Through this we have learned that less than 4% of federal cancer research funding goes towards childhood cancer research. We find that heartbreaking. In honoring Jonathan we are supporting CancerFree Kids Night for the Fight! We are raising money to support grants to fund childhood cancer research. Our hope is to find a cure!

Jonathan was kind and he loved to read. He loved CancerFree Kids and supporting childhood cancer research. #afightstack is our way of remembering him and others for whom the cure did not come soon enough!

So. . . I am hoping you will join us to make #afightstack! All details below.

What is #afightstack? A stack of books
  • You can include books that are blue and white, the colors of Night for the Fight.
  • A stack of books that includes warriors or heroes.
  • A stack that includes brave friends like doctors, nurses, and the support staff that help families through cancer.
  • Inspirational books where characters fight through something.
  • Children’s books where kids overcome. 
  • Or whatever you feel represents the cause!
When do I post this?   During the month of January! 

How do I post?  We hope you post a picture or a reel with your book stack. Please use the hashtag #afightstack. If you want to tag me @beckys_bookshelves I would love to repost your post to my stories.

Why do this?  My hope is that it raises the awareness of the lack of funding in childhood cancer. I will be donating $1 to CancerFree Kids for each stack. Our dream is always that no child has to suffer, have lifelong side effects, or die of childhood cancer. 

Where do I post?  Instagram is a great!   Facebook or a blog post! Tag me so I can repost! 

May I donate  directly to CancerFree Kids Night for the Fight?    Yes! Here is the link to my daughter’s page.


Other hashtags you can use:
#night4thefight #cancerfreekids #stackforacause #doctorwhom  #alwaystheoptimist  #






No comments:

Post a Comment