Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Checked Impression by Carolyn Miller



I
am emerging out of my book hangover after reading Checked Impressions by Carolyn Miller. This wonderful love story is about Jai, a Chicago Hawks hockey player, and Allie, who works at the Chicago Art Museum and also happens to be a huge hockey fan. Their romance was charming and I enjoyed walking through their ups and downs as they navigated their relationship. Their impressions changed over time as they got to know themselves and each other.

Allie’s family is hysterical, and will make you laugh out loud. The author did a great job helping you to visualize the Chicago area, and making hockey easy to understand. I am becoming a big hockey fan as I read through this series!

The themes of redemption, identity, forgiveness and loving challenging people spoke deeply to my heart. I enjoyed the spiritual aspect of the story as it spoke to our identity and being secure in who we are in Christ. The author does this effortlessly through the story without being preachy. The story is a delightful read that you really do not want to miss! The romance, humor and themes of identity are so enjoyable and make for a great read! I highly recommend this story.

I was given a complimentary copy and not required to write a positive review.


I'm an Inspirational romance author who lives in the beautiful Southern Highlands of New South Wales, Australia with my husband and four children. Together with my husband I pastored a church for ten years, and I've worked as a high school English and Learning and Support teacher. I love reading (especially Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer), music, films, gardens, art, travel and food. I really enjoy creating worlds where flawed people can grow in faith, hope and love. I am represented by Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment