Friday, February 11, 2022

What Might Have Been by Holly Miller


Thank you to PutnamBooks for the gifted
copy.

Do you still have snow on the ground? I could not believe how much ice and snow we got last week! 

What Might Have Been by Holly Miller is a novel that branches off from one event. Lucy has quit her job and is sitting in a pub where she meets Caleb.  After seeing her old boyfriend and meeting Caleb at the pub Lucy has to decide whether she Stays in her seaside hometown or does she Go to London.( I am not going to lie, I kept hearing the song. “Should I Stay or Should I Go” in my head as I read this story.) 


I loved following the duo story line as it was very interesting. The different perspectives on what might have happened if she stayed in her hometown or if she moved to London kept me thinking and guessing.   How many times have I wondered what might have been, or what would happen if?  It was fascinating to view the different events in Lucy’s life and in the lives of her friends and families though two timelines.


I found this a great quick read that I had trouble putting down.  I loved the themes of  destiny, the choices we make, and exploring what might have been.  I highly recommend this book. 


Thank you to PutnamBooks for the advanced copy, all thoughts are my own.


I grew up in Bedfordshire, UK, and have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. My love of reading soon turned into a passion for writing, and from an early age I was filling notebooks and floppy disks (remember those?) with the stories I’d invented.
I moved to Norfolk in my late teens, to study creative writing at Norwich Art School (now Norwich University of the Arts). After graduating, I worked as a magazine editor, marketer and most recently, a creative copywriter. But it was writing fiction - especially books that tug at the heartstrings - that was always what I wanted to do.
I’m thrilled to say my love story The Sight Of You is being published on 11 June 2020 in the UK and in 26 other territories around the world. The novel has also been optioned for film by a Hollywood studio, which I’m still pinching myself about!
I live in the Norfolk countryside with my husband and our rescue dog, a border collie. I’m lucky enough to be writing fiction full-time now - editing my second novel and dreaming up ideas for a third.




No comments:

Post a Comment