Sunday, June 5, 2022

Nora Goes off Script by Annabel Monaghan

 


Thanks for the gifted book, Putnam Books. Did I make my husband stand by our shed drinking coffee to make this book cover while strategically placing myself, a mug, and the book in the photo? Quite possibly. Did my whole family get involved placing items and taking the picture? Maybe. Did we have fun? Yes! Scroll to see a larger view of the cover.

❓QOTD: Do you have a place you like to go to read, craft, write or any special activity? I enjoy sitting on my back porch to read and be with family & friends. Nora has a Tea House in Nora God Off Script by @annabelmonaghan. The book publishes tomorrow Tuesday June 7. You do not want to miss this story



📚 Review: Nora Goes off Script by Annabel Monaghan  
is a funny and charming story. Nora is a thrifty independent woman who loves her two children and is working very hard to figure out her life after her husband left her. She writes romance scripts, and decides to cash in on her own life story. When her latest movie is being filmed at her house Leo, the main star, begs her to let him stay after filming for the next 7 days. She agrees.

I was enchanted by this delightful read. The great dialogue, funny everyday scenes and banter made me laugh out loud. The small town setting and Nora’s tea house were rather magical. I appreciated Nora’s neighbors, wonderful friend base, and her delightful and quirky family.

I loved Nora' s relationship with Leo, how she learned to love herself, and watching her become who she was supposed to be. This was the perfect read to start my summer. I highly recommend it.

I enjoyed reading with @lovearctually,and appreciate @bookswithnopictures for making it happen. Thank you Putnam Books for the gifted copy. I was not required to write a positive review


My debut adult novel, Nora Goes Off Script, is coming out on June 7, 2022 from G.P. Putnam’s Sons. Writing it was probably the most fun I’ve ever had. Pre-Nora, I wrote fiction for young adults and a column for not-so-young adults. Since you’ve gotten this far into my website, you probably knew that already.

I grew up in Los Angeles, and nearly every one of my relatives still lives in Southern California. I attended Duke University where I studied English. I have an MBA from The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania and a brief history as an investment banker. I also used to teach novel writing at the The Writing Institute at Sarah Lawrence College. I now live in the suburbs of New York City with my husband, three sons, and a little dog who
sheds.

No comments:

Post a Comment