Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan

 


Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan is a fabulous book that I found myself completely absorbed in. Sewanee Is a former actress turned audiobook narrator who reluctantly agrees to do a narration for a romance book series with famous male narrator, Brock McKnight. Sewanee is not a fan of romance and we learn why as the story unfolds.

Listening to this story with Julia Whelan as the narrator was amazing! I especially loved how she interpreted each character with her voice. Highlights for me were the great banter and chemistry ,Suwanee and Brock were talking about the book and audiobook industry, and the interesting personalities of the secondary characters . Humor was woven throughout the story which kept it from being too heavy. Watching the characters change, grow and ultimately make peace with themselves gave the story depth and kept me listening

I was so drawn into this story and it checked all the boxes for me. I highly recommend it.

Thank you @libro.fm for my ALC and publisher @avonbooks. All thoughts in this review are my own.

Having narrated over 400 audiobooks in all genres, Whelan is, by industry standards, considered one of the top narrators recording today. She’s repeatedly featured on Audiofile Magazine’s annual Best-Of Lists. She was named Audible’s Narrator of the Year in 2014 and is a Grammy-nominated audiobook director. She has acquired multiple Audies and SOVAS (Society of Voice Arts) Awards, including for the performance of her own novel, My Oxford Year. She has won dozens of Earphone Awards, The Audie Award for Best Female Narrator of 2019, and was presented with Audiofile Magazine’s Lifetime Achievement Golden Voice Award in 2020. She attributes her distinctive style of narration to her ongoing passion for literature fueled by her decades of acting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment