Tuesday, September 27, 2022

The Governess by Kristie Self

QOTD: Do you enjoy historical homes? I love driving through neighborhoods with historical homes. I may have had my husband drive through a neighborhood last week while I jumped out of our car to take photos of homes. I am not saying I did, I am just saying I might have.

The Governess by Kristie Self is the third in the ongoing series of The Ladies of Roderick Glen which takes place in England and Ireland. The story features main characters, Fiona Campbell and Lord George Rodrick, the future Baron of Cheswick. Their love is forbidden and this book is their journey.

The story continues where book two left off. It was wonderful to revisit characters from past books and be a part of their continuing story. I find this book similar to an epic historical PBS series with many characters and subplots. The author shares several points of view and draws you into this detailed story while weaving in themes of accepting who you are, courage, and perseverance.

I would recommend starting from book one if you are the type of reader who needs to read a story in chronological order, but you could start with book three. I greatly recommend this well written thoughtful story. It is for all who love epic, historical, and redemptive fiction.

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.




Kristie Self combines her love of history and romance to write faith-filled love stories with memorable characters and intriguing plots. A banker by day, she spends most of her nights and weekends focused on writing. She enjoys traveling, watching movies, and curling up with a good book. An avid lover of music, she also teaches piano, as well. She is a graduate of Howard Payne University and lives in Lott, Texas with her cat, Arlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment