Monday, November 7, 2022

The Lost Melody by Joanna Davidson Politano


QOTD: Have you ever lit a candle when you were in total darkness? We lose our power rather frequently and I am always taken back by how much I appreciate the light of even one candle in total darkness.

“We're all of us told to walk in the light, but we don't. We simply wish to drag the light over to where we're already standing, so we may better see the path we've set out for ourselves.”

I look forward to fall each year as Joanna Politano publishes her latest historical novel. The Lost Melody is set in England in 1886 and exceeded my expectations. In the story we meet Vivienne, a pianist, whose father has recently passed. She finds out she has inherited her father’s ward who resides in an asylum. She enters the asylum herself and starts trying to put the pieces together.

This story is written lyrically like a wonderful symphony. The language is rich, the characters have depth, and it is delightfully mysterious. Each character has a story that unfolded as the book progressed. I felt like I was sitting beside them as they told their story. The love interest was unexpected, and beautifully demonstrated sacrificial love. I expected this to be a dark and sad story, but it was truly one of hope and redemption.

The Lost Melody by Joanna Politano is a deep and thoughtful novel filled with mystery, love, and the joy of seeing the darkness overcome. I was very invested in this thoughtful well written story and I highly recommend it.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

I am giving away a copy on Instagram.     Click to enter.   

I’m a work-from-home mom of three fun and adventurous littles and we homeschool. I married my hero Vince, who is my love and my polar opposite. I write, he tears it up with the red pen. I break cars and other mechanical things, he puts them back together. He’s nailed the “speak the truth” thing, and I bring the “in love” part. But the real spark to our marriage is that he does not like chocolate and I… like it a normal amount. We love and live from our little house in the woods near Lake Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment