Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Sisters of Sea View by Julie Klassen



The Sister of Sea View
by Julie Klassen is the first in her new series On Devonshire Shores. This marvelous story has us traveling to Sidmouth to meet the Summer sisters on the Devonshire Coast. Due to their circumstances they must consider letting out the rooms in their home to seaside visitors.

There were fantastic details of the Regency period in the story making this such a wonderful read. I was transported to the coast of Devonshire where I enjoyed learning about sea-bathing, surgeries, and lace making of the time. I felt very engaged in the story as the author did an incredible job developing each sister and secondary character. I was delighted by the secondary characters and it was lovely to meet them. I felt fully immersed in the story.



This beautifully written story shares with us themes of family, faithfulness, and the transformative power of love. The details of the time period will thrill any Regency fan, and this wonderfully crafted story makes The Sisters of the Sea a joy to read. I very highly recommend and look forward to book number two. For reference I would consider this women’s fiction with some romance.
I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.




A little about me…
I love all things Jane—Jane Eyre and Jane Austen. A graduate of the University of Illinois, I worked in publishing for sixteen years and now write full time. Three of my books, The Silent Governess, The Girl in the Gatehouse, and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, won the Christy Award for Historical Romance. The Secret of Pembrooke Park won the Minnesota Book Award, and The Silent Governess was a finalist in Romance Writers of America’s RITA awards. I have also been honored with the Midwest Book Award and Christian Retailing’s BEST Award. I enjoy travel, research, BBC period dramas, long hikes, short naps, and coffee with friends. My husband and I have two sons and live near St. Paul, Minnesota.





No comments:

Post a Comment