Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Hunting for Love by Kaci Lane

QOTD: Is there a store that you enjoy visiting and simply looking around? I had so much fun the other day when I went to the Bass Pro Shop to take these pictures. There is so much to see there! My favorite part is seeing the fish. 

Review: Hunting for Love by Kaci Lane is a sweet romantic comedy that had me laughing out loud. Bianca Manderson works for her father in Atlanta and is pretty much a city slicker. Jack Jackson owns a deluxe hunting lodge in Alabama and loves his small town life. 

This book was exactly what I needed. It was laugh out loud funny, the characters were endearing, and the setting at the hunting lodge made this suburban girl want to visit by the end of the story. I had trouble putting the book down and it was a wonderful quick read. I loved the theme of appreciating the different lives that people lead and learning to get along with all types of people. The engaging characters were charming and I looked forward to meeting them again in the next books in the series.

This is an opposites attract romance that is such a delight. It is laugh out loud funny and you will be so glad you read it. I recommend Hunting for Love by Kaci Lane.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


 

I write what I want to read. I’m a Christian, and although my character archs don’t focus on spiritual matters, I write from a Christian worldview. That means my main characters often pray, go to church, and live by Biblical standards. That offends some people and isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and I understand that. However, that means although my books aren’t strong enough in emphasis to call Christian romance, they are written about mostly Christian characters and can be called inspirational. All my books are also labeled SWEET and have a mild intimacy level. Even if harder topics such as infidelity are addressed, nothing is shown on the page.

I’m also a life-long southerner, having lived in Alabama my entire life, mostly rural. The stories and antics in my novels all stem from real-life events. As my husband often says, “real life is better than fiction.” At least, it is around our house. But it’s my mission to share a little SOUTHERN culture with the world. Some people love this and others think we’re strange. We are, and I understand if you don’t care to read about hunting, mudding, and nosy old people.

And I’m very SARCASTIC. The two books I’ve written that are not comedies have reviews saying how funny they are or how the readers enjoyed witty banter. Honestly, it’s easier for me to write comedy, as I had to hold back on those to make them more serious.

Pretty much, I enjoy stories that have all the feelings without the smut, don’t compromise my beliefs, and make me laugh out loud. If that’s what you’re looking for, I’m your girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment