Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The Maid of Ballymacool by Jennifer Deibel


The Maid of Ballymacool by Jennifer Deibel is a fantastic romance set in Ireland in 1935. Brianna Kelly has worked at Ballymacool House and Boarding school tirelessly since she was little. She has little hope of change in her circumstance. Michael Ray is part of the local gentry who comes to visit Ballymacool to help with his cousin.

“Oh, child. Yer purpose in this world has precious little to do with what job ya hold. It’s to do wi’ the way ya impact the people around ye.”

This was such a beautiful story rich in Irish culture which wove in mystery, romance and a wonderful reminder of our purpose in life. Such beauty, depth and wisdom fill the pages along with some of the Irish language. I felt like I had been transported to County Donegal Ireland and was immersed in this character driven story. I was ready to pack a bag and visit Ireland.

“Child, there’s more to yer story than ye could ever know.”

Michael and Briana’s love story was sweet and I was very invested. The child-like wonder of Brianna touched my heart and it was a joy to walk with her and the other characters as they transformed throughout the story. The Maid of Ballymacool by Jennifer Deibel is a lovely story that I highly recommend.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


I’m Jennifer. My friends call me Jen. Just please don’t call my Jenny. I’m a wife and mom just walking this road of life like everyone else. I’m your typical American mom, working, raising kids, and loving my hubby…I’ve just been blessed to do some of it in Vienna, Austria and the west of Ireland. However, after a decade of life overseas, we have settled back in America–in sunny Arizona!

I currently teach middle school English, and when I’m not working on school things, I’m spending time with my incredible family–my husband Seth and our 3 awesome kids–and writing.

I write stories that explore home through the lens of faith, family, and culture–with the beauty and depth of Ireland coloring much of it.

I am honored to be a monthly contributor at The Better Mom and have posts shared at (in)courage, Djibouti Jones, Tricia Goyer, Unveiled Wife, Intentional by Grace, and more.

I love chatting with you, so please connect with me on Instagram, Facebook,and Goodreads. And be sure to follow me on BookBub to see what I’m reading & recommending!



No comments:

Post a Comment