Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murders by Jesse Sutanto


Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murder by Jesse Q. Sutanto is absolutely delightful! I enjoyed every minute listening to the story read by Eunice Wong. The story opens when Vera Wong finds a dead body in her tea shop one morning. As she tries to solve the murder she meets and helps many people. We find out that things aren't always as they seem.

I absolutely love Vera Wong as a character, and wanted her to be my best friend by the end of the novel! She is funny, caring, and always looking for adventure. Maybe she is a little bit meddling, but honestly who isn’t? This character driven story is told from multiple points of view, but I was easily able to keep everyone straight. The mystery is well set up, and you are not really sure who is responsible till the end. The author has interwoven all the characters' lives and connections seamlessly.

I was so invested in this story. Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murder reminded me of the importance of family, friendship, and looking beyond the façade most of us put up. I enjoyed laughing and reflecting as I read the book. I highly recommend Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murders by Jesse Q. Sutanto. I found listening to the audio book read by Eunice Wong made the story even more enjoyable.  

I was given the audio by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


Jesse Q Sutanto grew up shuttling back and forth between Indonesia, Singapore, and Oxford, and considers all three places her home. She has a Masters from Oxford University, but she has yet to figure out how to say that without sounding obnoxious. Jesse has forty-two first cousins and thirty aunties and uncles, many of whom live just down the road. She used to game but with two little ones and a husband, she no longer has time for hobbies. She aspires to one day find one (1) hobby.











No comments:

Post a Comment