Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston

 

“There was something just so reassuring about books. They had beginning and middle and ends, and if you didn't like a part you could skip to the next chapter.”

The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston is fabulous! Clementine, a book publicist, has inherits her grandmother’s apartment after her passing. The apartment has a tendency to go forward or backwards in time according to her grandmother. She comes home one day to find it has gone backwards in time seven years and she meets Iwan. He is a funny, good looking, and kind man who wants to be chef. But, what is he like in the present day?

WOW! I enjoyed this story so much. The characters were so vivid to me, had incredible depth, and were very likable. The time travel was so well executed and added to the story. I enjoyed wondering how Clementine and Iwan would meet in the future, if they would recognize each other, and if they would they be able to connect again like they did in the apartment. I was very invested and loved reading their story.

“There is was never grief without love or love without grief.”


What surprised me in a good way was how the author wrote about grief in such an insightful way. There were so many quotes and thoughts that I found comforting and insightful. I found myself reading them to my family. The author spoke straight to my heart with this story. I highly recommend the Seven Year Slip.

“Because the things that mattered most never really left.

The love stays.

The love always stays, and so do we.”


I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a review.

TW:  Suicide; Grief 

Ashley Poston is theUSA TodayandNew York Timesbest-selling author of romantic stories forboth teens and adults. She studied English at the University of South Carolina, and now liveswith her bossy cat and a mountain of books in her hometown. You can find her on Twitter at@ashposton and Instagram at @heyashposton

No comments:

Post a Comment