Wednesday, September 6, 2023

All's Fair in Love and Christmas by Sarah Monzon

 


All’s Fair in Love and Christmas by Sarah Monzon is a wonderful read, even in August. Mackenzie and Jeremy work together at InDesign. Their boss has told them they are both up for a promotion and she will decide before Christmas after judging their performance. She is known for choosing people who have the most Christmas spirit for promotions. Let the games begin!

"It’s the something special that happens when Jack Frost nips at your nose and when the nostalgia of music played only one time of year harmonizes with the Salvation Army bell ringers to bring a perfect pitch to the world’s favorite holiday!"

To me this was so much more than a Hallmark Christmas story. I felt the characters were my friends by the end of the story as I was able to walk through life with them. I enjoyed the banter, humor, and how the story had depth and compassion. The author’s portrayal of social anxiety was so well done, and gives insight to the reader.



"Someone show me how to backstroke, please, before I drown in my thoughts, made-up scenarios, and uncharted, confused feelings. "

The Christmas competition was endearing and kept the story not too heavy. The themes of friendship, faithfulness and walking with someone through hard times resonated with me. This is the Christmas book you do not want to miss. I very highly recommend All’s Fair in Love and Christmas.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

​​Winner of the Holt Medallion and Selah Award, Sarah Monzon is a stay-at-home mom who makes up imaginary friends to have adult conversations with (otherwise known as writing novels). As a navy chaplain's wife, she resides wherever the military happens to station her family and enjoys exploring the beauty of the world around her.




No comments:

Post a Comment