Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Julia Monroe Begins Again by Rebekah Millet


Do you have a go to local place you like to eat or drink coffee? ☕

We love to visit and drink coffee or tea at the Bluebird Bakery. I had fun taking this picture with my DD. She might have had to crouch behind a trash can to get this picture while I held a light. But, we admit to nothing.

Julia Monroe Begins Again by Rebekah Millet published 10/24/2023 with Bethany House Fiction.

📕 Review: Julia Monroe Begins Again is Rebekah Millet’s debut novel, and first in her Beignets for Two series. It is a fabulous sweet Rom-Com with all the feels! Julia has just turned forty, she cleans houses, is a widowed single mom, and now both of her boys are off at college. Samuel Reed is a Green Beret is who has a wonderful heart, but broke Julia’s heart 20 years ago. Now he is in back in town and sitting near her at church! Say what?

I loved this story! Julia Monroe Begins Again has the perfect blend of sweet romance, an interesting setting in New Orleans, pop culture, humor and thoughtful characters I felt very connected to. I adored the secondary characters and Julia’s friend Kate is the perfect example of a good friend who meddles well. Samuel is a great hero who mows lawns voluntarily! #teamsamual

Following Julia’s journey as she walks through forgiveness, finding love again, and expanding her view of herself is one I enjoyed immensely. The faith narrative was woven through the story in a beautiful, realistic, and joyful way.

Rebekah Millet’s debut novel Julia Monroe Begins Again is an absolute delight. The humor, wonderful characters, and sweet romance made this a great read! I highly recommend Julia Monroe Begins Again and look forward to the author’s next book!

Here is her testimony and publishing journey.


I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

I grew up on beignets and café au lait, and love infusing my colorful New Orleans culture into my stories. My husband is an answer to prayer who puts up with me rearranging furniture and being a serial plant killer. My two sons keep me laughing and share in my love for strawberry Pop-Tarts. Extra time is spent target shooting, reading, and fangirling over my favorite authors on social media. As a reader I enjoy inspirational romances, mysteries, classics, and biographies on people from King Henry VIII to Andre Agassi.

No comments:

Post a Comment