Thursday, February 22, 2024

A Murderous Persuasion by Katie Oliver and read by Jennifer Jill Araya

 

Thank you PRH Audio for the complimentary audio book.

A Murderous Persuasion by Katie Oliver is the second in the Jane Austen Tea Society Mystery series, but can be read as a stand-alone.  Phaedra Brighton is college professor.  She is trying to help her Aunt Wendy save the Laurel Springs Inn by hosting an immersive Persuasion-themed murder mystery weekend.  They are hoping to draw attention to the inn, but after someone ends up murdered it may not be the attention they wanted.

The narrator Jennifer Jill Araya made the story for me.  She is very engaging and has the ability to draw me in and make the story come alive.  I am enjoying this series with its references to Jane Austen’s books, and looking for clues throughout the story.   I am a fan of the mystery, the delightful setting of Laurel Spring, VA, and wondering who Phaedra will marry.   Phaedra’s family is a bright spot for me.   

I look forward to reading more in the series, and am becoming a big fan of the author.  I recommend A Murderous Persuasion by Katie Oliver and read by Jennifer Jill Araya.

I was given a free copy of this book by PRH Audio and not required to share a review.   


  My name is Katie Oliver, and I love a cozy mystery… and Jane Austen novels. I decided to put the two together to create Professor Phaedra Brighton, an intelligent, outspoken Austen scholar who teaches 19th century literature at Somerset University, a small liberal arts college located just outside of Charlottesville, Virginia.

Phaedra soon finds herself in the middle of a puzzling murder mystery. What’s an amateur sleuth to do? Find the killer, of course – with a little help from her cat, Wickham, and her good friends and members of the Jane Austen Tea Society, Lucy Liang and Marisol Dubois.

I currently reside in South Florida with my husband, an assortment of neighborhood blue jays, cardinals, and woodpeckers, my computer, and an ever-growing stack of cozy mysteries waiting to be read. I’m also the author of the Dating Mr. Darcy and Marrying Mr. Darcy romantic comedy series body in the garden…

If you like clever cozy mysteries with a touch of romance, you’re in the right place!


No comments:

Post a Comment