Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Amazing Train Journeys 60 unforgettable Rail Trips and How to Experience Them by Lonely Planet


Have you taken a train ride? OR What is your favorite trip activity? OR What are you reading? I was able to take two train rides this last summer in Colorado with my friend Susan Nyberg . We went on a Wildflower train ride and one around a mining town Truly the highlight of me year. I even had my picture taken with the conductor.


 
I was thrilled to receive a copy of Amazing Train Journeys 60 Unforgettable Rail Trips and How to Experience Them by Lonely Planet 

The definitive guide to the world's most remarkable train journeys presenting 60 memorable travel experiences by rail.

Each of the featured itineraries provides an illustrated route map, breathtaking images, and a handy infographic showing key stops and moments. This is the ultimate book of train travel inspiration for anyone wishing to embark on a sustainable expedition and delight in the people and places encountered along the way.



Review: I am so enthralled by this book! I love choosing one of the train rides in the book and exploring. The gorgeous pictures and maps give you a taste of what it is likely to look like. I was intrigued by all of the trips, but especially the one through England and Scotland. The book is great for all ages to imagine what a trip would be like, plan a new one, or just see the world by train I highly recommend.

I was given a copy and not required to write a positive review.   


No comments:

Post a Comment