Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Born of Gilded Mountain by Amanda Dykes

 


Born of Gilded Mountain by Amanda Dykes is an incredible story. Mercy Windsor comes by “Galloping Goose” to Mercy Peaks to hide after her life is turned upside down in Hollywood. She buys an old estate, attempts to solve a mystery, and is wants to find out what happened to her childhood pen pal, Rusty Bright. In the beautiful setting of the mountains, she takes a deep breath and becomes who is she meant to be.

I was enchanted by this book written in the most unique way. The story is shared through letters, news articles, plays, and storytelling as it moves back and forth through time. The beautiful setting of the Colorado mountains and the wonderful map of the town of Mercy Peak included in the book helped me to imagine myself there. The characters were so engaging and I was very invested in seeing what would unfold. I found myself slipping away to read the story.

Born of Gilded Mountain by Amanda Dykes was one of the most beautifully written books I have read in some time. The author weaves in themes of redemption, friendship, and healing to create a memorable story that will stay with you long after you turn the last page. Born of Gilded Mountain will be one of my top books of 2024 and I very highly recommend!

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.   


Amanda Dykes is a spinner of hope-filled tales who spends most days chasing wonder and words with her family. She’s the winner of the 2020 Christy Award Book of the Year, a Booklist 2019 Top Ten title, and the winner of an INSPY award for her debut novel, Whose Waves These Are. She’s also the author of Set the Stars Alight (a Christy Award finalist), Yours is the Night (recipient of the Kipp Award, Christy Award finalist), All the Lost Places (Christy Award finalist, starred reviews from Booklist, Library Journal, and Foreword), and three novellas. Find her online at amandadykes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment