Sunday, July 21, 2024

Meeting Her Match by Jen Turano


 Meeting Her Match by Jen Turano
is third in The Matchmakers series.  Miss Camilla Pierpont is a renowned matchmaker and very influential member if the New York Four Hundred.  She has vowed to never marry, but enjoys helping others find their happily ever after.  Mr. Owen Chesterfield has heard of Miss Pierpont’s success and hopes to engage her to help his sister make her way in s West Virginia society. Owen is not known for his finesse, but wen Camilla is in trouble and has to leave New York she decides she would enjoy some time in West Virginia.   

This is probably one of my favorite Jen Turano books, and my daughters agree!  I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to West Virginia in the Gilded Age.  As one who has traveled through the area I enjoyed the engaging local characters, the beautiful setting, and the local colloquialisms.  Camilla was a delightful heroine who surprised me with her flexibility, sweet nature, and ability to see the best in everyone. Owen was a gentleman with the biggest heart who I adored.  The cast of side characters including family, friends, animals, and those who worked with the family were delightful and added so much to the story. 

I appreciated the mystery, dialogue, banter and sweet romance which made this such a fun story!  The author has a way of making me laugh and her books are so appealing to all ages.  I highly recommend Meeting Her Match and hope you enjoy your time in this wonderful story. 

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.  All opinions are my own.  

Named One of the Funniest Voices in Inspirational Romance by Booklist, Jen Turano is a USA Today Best-Selling Author, known for penning quirky historical romances set in the Gilded Age. Her books have earned Publisher Weekly and Booklist starred reviews, top picks from Romantic Times, and praise from Library Journal. She’s been a finalist twice for the RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards and had two of her books listed in the top 100 romances of the past decade from Booklist. When she’s not writing, she spends her time outside of Denver, CO. Readers may find her at www.jenturano.com – www.facebook.com/jenturanoauthor, www.instagram.com/jenturanoauthor

Jen is represented by Sarah Younger, senior literary agent, Nancy Yost Literary Agency, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment