Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I Wish I Were Here by Melissa Wiesner

 

Wish I Were Here by Melissa Wiesner is a sparkly feel-good romance that is a stand-alone novel. Catherine Lipton is a mathematician who calculates most things in her life, likes being independent, and prides herself that she is able to keep her life in order. She has just landed a lovely apartment and cannot quite figure out how the doorman, Luca Morelli, keeps his job. She suddenly loses her identity and it is brought into question that she even exists! Her life is now turned upside down and she needs help!


Oh, how I enjoyed this story. I stayed up way too late to finish this delightful novel that stole my heart! Luca and Catherine were engaging characters with depth that will stay with me. I loved meeting their families, the residents of their apartment building, and the many interesting people from Catherine and Luca’s life. I am still trying to figure out how to be a part of the Morelli family! The story had twists and turns that kept me very engaged. I loved the themes of family, found family, and remembering that actions are not always what they seem.

The journey that Catherine takes will remind you of what is really important. This delightful character driven love story will stay with you like glitter in a good way! I absolutely adored Wish I Were Here by Melissa Wiesner and I highly recommend.

The story is considered magical realism and I was all in.

I read as part of a traveling ARC and was not required to write a positive review.


Melissa Wiesner’s mother didn’t allow her to watch much TV as a child and instead, made her play with paint, colorful pipe cleaners, random bits of fabric, and all manner of other crafty things. This set Melissa up for a lifetime of creative pursuits, and it was only a matter of time before things took a bookish turn.

A night-owl, Melissa began writing novels when her early-to-bed family retired for the evening. She is the award-winning author of contemporary romantic comedies and emotional women’s fiction. Her work has earned praise from Kirkus, Booklist, Library Journal, and Publisher’s Weekly, and has been featured in Women’s World, The Knot, and Book of the Month. Melissa’s novels will soon be translated into a dozen languages. 

Along with her charming husband and two adorable children, she splits her time between the big city of Pittsburgh, PA and rural West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment