Friday, August 28, 2026

Wit, Wiles and Courtship by Jennie Goutet


The wonderful Wit, Wiles and Courtship by Jennie Goutet is book #3 in The Earl’s Sisters series. Lady Camilla Rowlandson has enjoyed a good friendship with Lord Pembroke since his cousin married her sister. She wonders if she could care for him more, but overhears him talking about marrying another. She holds her heart back from him when she sees him later in London. Lord Pembroke is beginning to notice Lady Camilla, but she seems so cold towards him now. What happened?
 
Did you hear my happy sigh as I finished Wit, Wiles and Courtship? This delightful story pulled me in with its beautiful Regency setting, sweet romance, and relatable characters. I wanted to sit down for tea with Lady Camilla and her sisters. I connected with Lady Camilla as she was a marvelous sister, good friend and reflective soul. Lord Pembroke was a wonderful hero who cared for others and matured in the story as he began to realize what he really wanted in life.
 
I was truly enchanted by Wit, Wiles, and Courtship by Jennie Goutet. The engaging characters, delightful romance and satisfying ending made this the perfect story. I am hopeful there will be more books in the series and we get to see several more happy endings. I highly recommend and this will be a 2026 favorite for me
 
I was gifted the book and not required to write a positive review.


Jennie Goutet is the best-selling author of eighteen historical romances, including the Clavering Chronicles, Memorable Proposals, and The ‘Bridwells’ Grand Tour series. Her books have received first place in historical romance for the New England Reader’s Choice Awards and have hit the number one spot in Regency Romance on Amazon. They have been featured on BookBub and Hoopla, and are translated into six languages. Jennie is an American-born Anglophile who lives with her French husband and their three children in a small town outside of Paris, but her imagination resides in Georgian England, where her proper historical romances are set.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment