Miss Beresford and the Beast is the first book in the Daughters of Somerset series by Mimi Matthews, and it is an absolutely dreamy book. Charlotte Beresford sees the best in people and craves adventure. She has been strictly watched most of her life and is now visiting a school mate in a remote part of Yorkshire on a school break. Magnus Sterling has been through many battles on and off the battlefield. He is aggravated he inherited a title with a missing fortune and as the Earl of Eversleigh he is hiding at his estate. He is so annoyed when Charlotte intrudes on him.
My heart is filled with the love and joy that only a Mimi Matthews story can bring to me. This swoon worthy tale was filled with beautiful romance, engaging characters, a delightful retelling and a story that drew me in from the beginning. Charlotte and Magnus were engaging characters that I adored and I was so invested in their love story. The banter, chemistry, and their conversations were so authentic and charming.The author immersed me in the Victorian time period. I could picture Eversleigh Manor in my head as I read the story. The themes of friendship, second chances, and seeing the best in people resonated deeply with me. I also loved the animals.
I very highly recommend Miss Beresford and the Beast by Mimi Matthews. The story has wonderful engaging characters you will be invested in, great romance that sizzles while being closed door, and is immersive in the time period. This will be a 2026 favorite for me. I highly encourage you to get a copy!
I was gifted a copy and not required to write a positive review.
#missveresfordandthebeast #mimimatthews #victorianromance
Mimi’s novels have received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Booklist, Kirkus, BookPage, and Shelf Awareness, and have been named Editors’ Choice selections by the Historical Novel Society. She has been mentioned in The New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, NPR, Oprah Daily, Parade, Elle, and Marie Claire. Her books have been translated into ten languages.
When not writing historical romance, Mimi authors nonfiction books and articles on all aspects of nineteenth century history—from animals, art, and etiquette to fashion, beauty, feminism, and law. Her work has been featured on the Victorian Web, the Journal of Victorian Culture, the Costume Society UK, and in syndication at BUST Magazine.


No comments:
Post a Comment