Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Winning the Gentleman by Kristi Ann Hunter

 


Winning the Gentleman by Kristi Ann Hunter is the second book in her Hearts on the Heath series, but is also a stand alone novel.  The story introduces our chatty heroine, Sophia Fitzroy, who is a circus performer turned horse jockey from Ireland, and Aaron Whitworth, our very complicated quiet hero who runs a horse stable.  Their interaction together is priceless. I smiled, reflected on God’s goodness,  and my heart was touched as I read their story.  


The secondary characters brought depth to the novel in their interaction with the main characters.  I recognized many from other novels by Hunter.   After I finished reading I could not help but wonder when I will see them again, and if they will be in the third book in this series.  


This story brought me joy!  Kristi Hunter magically weaves romance, humor, friendship and horsemanship into an amazing Regency story while gently reminding us that our God is a God who loves to redeem things.  This is a theme that I always need to remember. 


 I can highly recommend Winning the Gentleman by Kristi Ann Hunter.  

I was given the book through the publisher and not required to write a positive review. 




Kristi is the award winning author of Regency romance novels from a Christian worldview. Her books include the
Hawthorne House series, the Haven Manor series, and the recently published first stories of the Hearts on the Heath series. Beyond writing, she is also speaker, teaching classes in writing as well as Biblical and spiritual topics. She has spoken to writers' groups, schools, and young women's groups at churches. 

When she is not writing or interacting with her readers, Kristi spends time with her family and her church. A graduate of Georgia Tech with a computer science degree, she can also be found fiddling with her computer in her free time. A born lover of stories she is also an avid reader. From very young she dreamed of sharing her own stories with others and praises God daily that she gets to live that dream today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment