Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Without A Hitch by Mary Hollis Huddleston and Asher Fogle Paul

 


Do you have any great wedding stories? At my wedding it rained and rained in the middle of the driest summer on record. My husband likes to say we made others happy with the rain. I also remember the first time I attended a huge wedding in the south. I did not know you could have that many bridesmaids in one wedding and realized I was not in the Midwest any more.

Without A Hitch by Mary Hollis Huddleston and Asher Fogle Paul is a story that follows Lottie as she works as a wedding planner at extravagant weddings in Texas. Lottie’s life has not turned out as she had planned, and she thought she would have been married by now. Instead she is helping others plan their big day.

For me the highlight of Without A Hitch was reading all the very funny and interesting wedding stories. I laughed out loud, cringed, and was thoroughly amused by each one. Each wedding featured was unique and humorous. From weddings dealing with chicken coups to ones gone terribly wrong they were not your run of the mill nuptials.

Without a Hitch  is about making peace with your past, seeing the bigger picture of life, and being willing to move forward into a better future. I guarantee you will laugh out loud many times while reading. I would categorize this as women’s fiction with a touch of romance.

I was given a complimentary copy and not required to write a positive review.  



Asher Fogle Paul's debut novel, Without A Hitch, will be published by HarperCollins in December. A former human interest and entertainment journalist, she most recently served as digital features editor at Good Housekeeping. Asher has also held posts at Us Weekly, People and Readers’ Digest, and her work has been published in Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, House Beautiful, Elle and W, among others. Asher has an MS in magazine journalism from Columbia University, a BA in English from Texas Christian University, and a deep-seated addiction to iced coffee. She lives in New York City with her husband and three young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment