Friday, January 14, 2022

Hometown by Wendy Rich Stetson

 


Do you like my Amish Buggy?   I live near a grocery store called Jungle Jim's Market and inside is an Amish buggy.  The buggy is on top of the shelves so my very kind and tall husband held the book in the air while I took a picture.  Luckily the aisles were not too crowded and I ignored the stares. 

You have to love a cover that sports a picture with a black SUV and an Amish buggy!   Hometown by Wendy Rich Stetson is a well written contemporary romance that was a joy to read. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.


Our heroine, Tessa, returns to her hometown of Green Ridge when she loses her University job due to cuts.  Driving around in her parents' 1979 camper van she is figuring out her next step in life.  Tessa is a feisty and thoughtful heroine, and I wanted to step through the pages and be her friend.   While back in town she meets Dr. Richard Bruce, who works at the local hospital, and Jonas Rishel, an Amish farmer. 


I found this an entertaining, insightful and witty book that I stayed up late reading.  The story kept me laughing, had some twists, and I enjoyed the surprise ending.  I am looking forward to reading more from the author in the future.   I highly recommend Hometown!  


I was given a complimentary copy and not obligated to write a positive review. 



I think some people move to New York City and within a week call themselves New Yorkers. I’ve been here 25 years, and yet when someone asks me where I’m from I still answer “I live in New York City, but I’m from Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.” I grew up in Amish Country and spent my childhood viewing the USA from the back of a 1979 Volkswagen Camper Van. I’m pretty sure I left my heart somewhere on the interstate.

I have played saucy maids, longsuffering spinsters, and quirky leading ladies on and off-Broadway and at regional theaters around the country. I’ve worn no makeup onscreen with some of Hollywood’s most gorgeous stars, and Rick Sordelet (Broadway’s premier fight director) once told me I drove a cop car as well as any stunt woman.

After reading to my daughter every night for seven years, I began narrating audiobooks in my home studio, and then I started writing stories of my own. “Hometown,” the first book in my new series of sweet and funny small town, Amish romances is coming soon from The Wild Rose Press.

I live in Upper Manhattan with my husband Pete, daughter Cate and Maine Coon Mix kitty, Tessa.



No comments:

Post a Comment