Monday, January 17, 2022

To Disguise the Truth by Jen Turano


You have to love a story where you learn on the first page that the heroine has shot the hero in the arm! Jen Turano’s To Disguise The Truth is book three in the Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency series, but a stand alone novel. Arthur and Eunice’s story is an absolute delight!

I have wanted to know Eunice’s backstory since book one in the series. She is so intriguing, and makes you wonder. Why does she wear Widow’s weeds with dark veils? Why is she so secretive? How does she have such unusual skills? Inquiring minds want to know.

Arthur is a character I fell in love with as the story progressed. Truly a great hero with a wonderful heart. His dialogue with Eunice was fantastic.

The story had many twists and turns that led to me laughing out loud as I was never sure what was going to happen next. The secondary characters were endearing and I felt like I was often in the middle of a very entertaining family gathering. I was immersed in the story.  To Disguise the Truth is in an exciting, funny, plot twisting tale that I thoroughly enjoyed. It is an ideal read that kept me smiling. I highly recommend this story.

I was given a complimentary copy and not required to write a positive review.



Named One of the Funniest Voices in Inspirational Romance by Booklist, Jen Turano is a USA Today Best-Selling Author, known for penning quirky historical romances set in the Gilded Age. Her books have earned Publisher Weekly and Booklist starred reviews, top picks from Romantic Times, and praise from Library Journal. She’s been a finalist twice for the RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards and had two of her books listed in the top 100 romances of the past decade from Booklist. When she’s not writing, she spends her time outside of Denver, CO. Readers may find her at www.jenturano.com or https://www.facebook.com/jenturanoauthor/or on Twitter at JenTurano @JenTurano or Instagram  @
jenturanoauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment