Monday, April 25, 2022

The Kew Garden Girls at War by Posy Lovell


 ❓Do you like WWII stories? I am not a huge fan, but I enjoy learning about women during WWII.

📚Review: The Kew Gardens Girls at War by Posy Lovell was such a fascinating read. Our story follows four women during WWII with a connection to the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew. Louisa wants to help with the war effort, and worked in the gardens during the last great war. Daisy is working at Kew while her new husband in the RAF is fighting. Her mom,Ivy, who worked there during the last war, thought it would be a great distraction for her. Beth is a nurse who desperately wants to become a doctor, and lives under the constraints of women at that time.

I am not a huge fan of WWII stories, but really enjoyed The Kew Garden Girls. The story was realistic of the time without being too heavy. The characters were very relatable and I cheered for each of them to find their way. The author walked us through what it was like to live during the air raids in London, the issues pertaining to women of that time, and the universal topics that have been with all women through time.

I loved journeying through life with the women in the story and they felt like friends at the end of the novel. The themes of perseverance, friendship, and hope that were woven through this novel spoke to my heart. I highly recommend it.

I was given a complimentary copy through NetGalley by the publisher and not required to write a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment