Thursday, April 28, 2022

Border Crossings A Journey on the The Trans-Siberian Railway by Emma Fick


I was thrilled to receive a copy of Border Crossings A Journey on the Trans-Siberian Railway by Emma Flick.  This amazing illustrated travel log takes you on a train ride through China, Mongolia, and Russia which make up the Trans-Siberian Railway.   This is one of my favorite non-fiction reads of 2022.  The book is filled with beautiful watercolor illustrations, amazing facts, and wonderful insights into the culture of the train and the people. I was so absorbed in the author’s trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway  that I felt like I was riding along with her.   

Some  Book highlights for me included:


The dining car and what they serve for dinner changes for the different countries you pass through. So they physically change the dining car itself.   


The size of the train track changes  in the different countries on the route, and the train rails must be changed.  It is called changing the bogies when they lift the car into the air.  


I highly recommend this book.  I had it out at one of my kids' activities and everyone wanted to borrow the book and buy a copy!  I highly recommend you get a copy as well.  


I was given a complimentary copy and not required to write a positive review.  




Emma Fick was born and raised in Covington, Louisiana; received BA in English Literature and Art History from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

In October 2014, began the "Snippets of Serbia" illustration project as part of a grant from the U.S. Embassy in Serbia.

In June 2015, published my first book of illustrations: "Snippets of Serbia."

Moved back to New Orleans in October 2015 to begin working on "Snippets of New Orleans," published in May 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment