Monday, July 25, 2022

Flying Solo by Linda Holmes




Flying Solo by Linda Holmes and narrated by Julia Whelan  was such a delight.  I am a new fan of audio books, and I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Whelan’s narration of the story.  I was so glad I listened to this story, it had a certain charm and there were parts I felt like I enjoyed more having it read to me.

 

The story was about a decoy duck that was taken and the process to get it back.  But, honestly there was so much more.  So many truths about life and figuring out who you are.  Reminding us that we only know a part of the people we love and the importance of really listening to understand them.   I was so invested in the characters in the story and found myself wanting to meet them in Maine.  I enjoyed the story and  highly recommend it.


I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.



I'm a podcast host, novelist, culture critic, radio maker, interviewer, Twitter liker, Twitter fearer, dog owner, former lawyer, one-time college a cappella singer, occasional bread baker, photography dabbler, and very lucky weirdo. 
My dog’s name is Brian. He was rescued in Spain, where they have a surplus of speedy dogs like him, so he was brought to the United States where he had a better chance of being adopted. He was named Brian by the rescue (which seems to give all its dogs people names), and when I adopted him, it seemed like he’d had enough upheaval, so he kept his name. I take a lot of pictures of him. You can find them on Instagram at @primodogcontent.

No comments:

Post a Comment