Thursday, July 28, 2022

Rookie Mistakes By Kelly Bandas


QOTD: What kind of Rookie mistakes have you made parenting or in a job?  When we were in the Honolulu airport while traveling to adopt our first son  I opened up a full baby bottle from the bottom and dumped it all over the airport and my new son.  I can still see myself sitting there thinking what on earth am I doing?  Why did I do that?  Definitely a rookie mistake as I was very new into the game.


I am so thrilled to be participating in the ROOKIE MISTAKES tour with @tlcbooktours. Thank you to @wpublishing @thomasnelson @kelly_bandas for the gifted book . You have to love this cover! My daughter helped me accentuate the heavenly vibe of the book cover. So why is that guinea pig in heaven? (you will find out when you read the book) 


Book Blurb:  In her highly anticipated nonfiction debut, comedian Kelly Bandas uses her trademark humor to recount stories of growing up and becoming a semi functional adult in a dysfunctional world.


 In this debut collection of essays, Kelly shares:

·         Funny, fast-paced, and uplifting stories

·         Encouragement for women who are tired of feeling like they will never measure up—and kind of don’t want to anyway

·         Inspiration to find your voice, your power, and your people


Kelly shares everything from laugh-out-loud accounts of Oregon Trail-themed first kisses to heartfelt insights gleaned from navigating life as a Christian feminist doing her best not to screw up being a parent of a child with a disability, in a trans-racial family.


Rookie Mistakes is the call-to-action millennial women everywhere have been waiting for.


My Book Review:  I laughed so hard as I read each essay.  The author has an enjoyable way of sharing a story that makes you laugh and ponder deep truths at the same time.   What a gift!   As the parent of seven children including three children through international adoption with disabilities, I enjoyed hearing her family's adoption journey in parts of the book.  She does a fabulous job here!  


In Rookie Mistakes the author shares her struggles, stories, and faith in a relatable way that speaks humorously  to women. This is a quick read with insight and truth that I greatly recommend.   


I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


Kelly Bandas is a writer and comedian best known for her popular Instagram and TikTok videos satirizing everything from millennial motherhood to social media culture. Whether she’s hosting her not-at-all Outlander support group or speaking up about things that really matter, Kelly’s mission is to always empower and lift up other women through community, inclusivity and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment