Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Kit McBride Gets A Wife by Amy Barry


Kit McBride Gets a Wife by Amy Barry is the first in the series of The McBride's of Montana. Maddy has come a long way from Ireland and knows nothing about the wilds of Montana. The McBride brothers are simply trying to survive on the side of a mountain while trying to raise their 14 year old sister properly. Their sister, Junebug, thinks her brother, Kit, needs a wife and composes an advertisement that only a fed up fourteen year old sister could write.


Junebug’s perspective on life kept me smiling and it was wonderful to see the devotion of the McBrides to each other. I enjoyed the sweet romance and visiting a small Montana moutnain town in the 1880’s. The story is told from multiple points of view with colorful secondary characters that helped me feel like I was living on the side of the mountain as well. I was very invested.

I felt this delightful original story was refreshing, laugh out loud funny, and a pleasure to read. I did not want it to end and can not wait till Morgan’s story comes out next year. I highly recommend it.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a revie
w.



A
my Barry writes sweeping historical stories about love. She’s fascinated with the landscapes of the American West and their complex long history, and she’s even more fascinated with people in all their weird tangled glory. Amy also writes under the names Amy T Matthews and Tess LeSue, and is Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing at Flinders University in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment