Thursday, September 8, 2022

First Love and the Art of Making Doughnuts An Anthology


 
 
QOTD; Do you like short stories? One of my favorite things to do growing up was read the short stories that came in the magazines my mother received in the mail. I loved that a wonderful story could be found in just a few pages.

I still love a good short story, and I was thrilled to read First Love and The Art of Making Doughnuts published by Dancing Lemur Press.  This delightful anthology is filled with ten stories that center around the topic of “first love ” in both contemporary & Historical times. Each story is unique and I enjoyed the variety. My favorites stories were a Pride and Prejudice retelling that involved popular musicians, and Marmalade Sunset that takes place in Greece and tells of a more mature love that has stood the test of time.

I found First Love and The Art of Making Doughnuts a refreshing read! The variety of stories made this anthology enjoyable and interesting. It was wonderful to be introduced to so many different authors, and I am excited to explore what else they have published. This is a gem of a book that I highly recommend.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

You can see part of my review in the beginning of the book, as Rebecca Boerner.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment