Thursday, November 24, 2022

The Man I Never Met by Elle Cook

 The Man I Never Met by Elle Cook is such an interesting read. Davey calls Hannah by accident while trying to reach someone else and they start a virtual friendship. Davey is coming from Texas to start a job in London where Hannah lives. The story asks the questions: Can you fall in love with someone you have never met?


I appreciated the depth of this story. It is definitely different from your typical romance or romantic comedy and is more women’s fiction with some romance. The author weaves themes into the story such as how do we love someone who is suffering, how do friends support you and help in finding love,and learning to love yourself before you love someone else? The characters were very likable and we got to hear from both Davey and Hannah in the story.




This is a different kind of story that I really loved. I enjoyed the meet cute, the depth, Hannah’s relationship with her family, and the friendships on both sides of the pond. I was glad I was able to discuss The Man I Never Met with someone else after reading. I highly recommend it.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


Elle Cook
 worked as a journalist and in PR before becoming a full-time novelist. She is the author of four historical novels under her real name, Lorna Cook, published by Avon.

No comments:

Post a Comment