Monday, December 19, 2022

Pretty Little Pieces by Carmen Shober




I love a good redemption story and Pretty Little Pieces by Carmen Schober is truly a fantastic one. Georgina Havoc is a designer on a home show who is trying to make a comeback after her relationship with her co-star falls apart. Cassidy Stokes has walked through so much pain and never thought he would be in a place to dream again about a better life.

This book is edgy and gritty in all the best ways. The author does not step around the hardships and troubles of life. She takes her characters and readers through the messy things while maintaining hope. This story had the depth and realness that kept me coming back for more. I was so engaged in the story I stayed up late to read, and was so sad when the story ended. Highlights for me were the secondary cast of characters; the behind the scenes of making a reality show; and humor woven in with realness.

This story has themes of forgiveness, friendship, and hope for the future. It was a pleasure to watch the characters grow and change. I highly recommend this book! This is the author’s second book and I feel she is someone to watch. I look forward to her future books.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. 


Hi! I'm Carmen. I'm a wife, mother, proud Cuban-American, Rocky enthusiast, perpetual project starter, and I write contemporary Christian romance for the modern woman. My debut MMA-themed romance, After She Falls, is available wherever books are sold, and Pretty Little Pieces (my new standalone romance about the next Joanna Gaines) released on December 6th! 

When I'm not chasing children or writing books, I blog about faith, motherhood, and culture. Welcome to the party! I'm glad you're here. ​

Cheers,​​

Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment