Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Key to My Heart by Lia Louise

 


The Key to My Heart by Lia Louise is one of the most thoughtful books I have read this year. Natalie Fincher lost her husband Russ over 2.5 years ago. She is struggling in so many ways with her new life. Her friends are not sure what to do with her, her family worries about her, and she finds solace playing the piano at a London Train station.

Natalie’s friends are trying so hard to help and do not really know what to do. But, as the story progresses you see all the characters grow and change and your heart believes in the promise of life. The characters are so well crafted. This is a wonderful mix of women’s fiction with a beautiful touch of romance. I enjoyed meeting Joe and Tom all the while wondering who would win Natalie’s heart. We also have a little mystery, we meet others who are struggling with grief, and the arts play a role in helping our characters to heal.

As someone who has grieved deeply I loved this story. The author has written a well crafted story that shares the deepest sadness of grief while still giving the reader hope. The ending is so well done and I was glad I invested in reading this superbly written story. I highly recommend it.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a review.

Lia Louis lives in the United Kingdom with her partner and three young children. Before raising a family, she worked as a freelance copywriter and proofreader. She was the 2015 winner of Elle magazine’s annual writing competition and has been a contributor for Bloomsbury’s Writers and Artists blog for aspiring writers. She is the author of Somewhere Close to Happy, Dear Emmie Blue, Eight Perfect Hours, and The Key to My Heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment