Thursday, February 16, 2023

Memory Lane by Becky Wade


Memory Lane by Becky Wade is an absolutely fantastic story! I was drawn in from the first page and literally loved each and every moment of the story! Remy lives in a secluded house in Maine working on her sculptures. She likes her remote, consistent, and steady life. Jerimiah ends up floating in the waters outside her home. How do you help someone to heal and keep your life static?

The beautiful setting of Maine was wonderful to visit. The story was so well written with its mystery, sweet romance, and the depth of the characters. The characters from Memory Lane become my good friends by the end of the novel, and I felt like I was part of their family. I was very invested in what happened to them and enjoyed walking with them as they grew into better people. The mystery of Jerimiah’s life played out well and kept me reading.

The author writes with such depth, wisdom, and humor. I am still in my book hangover and am so glad I had the opportunity to read Memory Lane. I can not wait for the second book to find out what happens to the other characters! I highly encourage you to read Memory Lane! It is an amazing read!!

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

For the first 7 years after becoming a mom, I didn’t write at all. Not a word. God had very clearly closed a door on the kind of books I’d been writing and called me to focus on raising my little ones. As one year flowed into the next, I grew more convinced that my days as a writer were lost and gone for good.

God, it turns out, had different plans.

In His time, He began to nudge me to write again. Still romances, but romances written for Him and for the Christian market. I started fleshing out a story idea. Then eventually, I carved out the time to sit down in front of my computer. Slowly but surely, I wrote My Stubborn Heart.

The fact that I was able to complete it while simultaneously mothering my 3 kids is a flat-out miracle. I can’t attribute it to anything except His greatness. I would have failed unless He helped me. But, He’s full of mercy and sufficiency and He did help me. Anything good, entertaining, or moving about my books comes from Him and is due strictly to His ability.

So here I am – amazed, humbled, and thankful beyond words that God has given me a second chance to be an author at this particular phase and stage of my life.

I’m grateful for the journey He’s led me on so far and excited and expectant about the journey ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment