Monday, February 26, 2024

An Unlikely Proposition by Rosalyn Eves


 
An Unlikely Proposition
by Rosalyn Eves is a sweet Regency romance that is stand-alone companion to An Improbable Season. Eleanor comes to London after the death of her husband. She is seventeen years old and desperately wants her independence. She is trying to survive the season, and figure out how to move forward as widow. Thalia is trying to start fresh in London and wants to be a published poet. She becomes Eleanor’s companion and friend.

This was a wonderful Regency read with romance, a compelling story and excellent historical details. I felt like I was visiting London and I did not want to leave all of my new friends. The alternating points of view with Elanor and Thalia made this an interesting read and helped me to feel very invested in the characters. The historical details were fascinating and gave the story depth. The book truly sparkled and kept me up late reading.

I adored An Unlikely Proposition by Rosalyn Eves. It is filed with wonderful characters, sweet romance, and the setting of Regency London is one of my favorites. This will be one of my favorites this year. I highly recommend.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

This is marketed for ages twelve and up.  


Rosalyn Eves grew up in the Rocky Mountains, dividing her time between reading books and bossing her siblings into performing her dramatic scripts. As an adult, the telling and reading of stories are still some of her favorite things to do. When she’s not reading or writing, she enjoys spending time with her chemistry professor husband and three children, watching British period pieces, or hiking through the splendid landscape of southern Utah, where she lives. She dislikes housework on principle.

She has a PhD in English from Penn State and teaches English at Southern Utah University.


No comments:

Post a Comment