Saturday, March 2, 2024

A Lady's Guide to Marvels and Misadventure by Angela Bell

 
A Lady’s Guide to Marvels and Misadventure by Angela Bell is a wonderful Victorian historical romance! Clara Marie Stanton’s ex-fiancĂ© has spread rumors about her family making Clara suspicious of everyone! Theodore Kingsley loves repairing clocks and keeps his identify a secret. Clara’s grandfather, Drosselmeyer, hires him and Clara does not trust him. Only a great adventure can change their minds.

This story is a sheer delight! I was intrigued from the beginning and enjoyed my travels all over Europe on a scavenger hunt chasing a flying owl. (That alone should intrigue you to read this story.) The characters were so interesting that I found myself invested and wanting to become their friends. The humor that Clara’s relatives bring to the story kept me laughing and wondering what would happen next. I loved walking with Clara and Theodore as they transformed into their true selves and were set free from their pasts. The threads of faith were beautifully and naturally a part of the story.

A Lady’s Guide to Marvels and Misadventures
was a fabulous story that will stay with me. I adored the adventure, romance and transformative characters. This will be a highlight book of 2024 for me. I highly recommend.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review

Bio: Angela Bell is a twenty-first-century lady with nineteenth-century sensibilities. She resides in Texas with her charming pup, Mr. Bingley Crosby. One might categorize her books as historical romance, but Angela likes to describe them as “a cuppa Victorian whimsy” because it sounds so much more poetical. Whenever you need a respite from the modern-day hustle, you’re welcome to visit her parlor AuthorAngelaBell.com, where she can be found waiting with a pot of tea and a great book.

You can also subscribe to her newsletter and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, Bookbub, and Goodreads.You can also read Angela’s many reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment