Thursday, March 21, 2024

Catch A Wave by Savannah Scott


Catch a Wave by Savannah Scott is the third book in the Love Trippin series, but is a standalone novel.  Kalaine is a big wave surfer who just had a wipe out that took her out of surfing.  Bodhi was also a big wave surfer who now teaches surfing on Marabella Island and lives with Kalaine’s brother, Kai.  They used to date, and now connect for the first time in several years on Marbella Island outside the house Bodhi shares with Kai.  Second chance?

This book is fabulous! I loved watching the second chance romance play out and was cheering for Kalaine and Bodhi from the beginning.  The story alternates between the present with Kalaine and Bodhi and when they dated in the past.  The dual POV, slow burn romance, and endearing characters had me very engaged in the story.  I was absolutely fascinated learning about the world of surfing.  I think I may have to learn to surf someday.  

This will be one of my top book picks of this year.  I enjoyed the slow burn romance, the engaging characters and the surfing culture. I highly recommend the sweet romcom Catch a Wave by Savannah Scott.  

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. 


I’m Savannah Scott – the girl behind the Getting Shipped! series, otherwise known as the founder of the town of Bordeaux, Ohio.

And yes, my hair is strawberry blond in that family photo. It has been dark brown, medium brown, and blond (current color) too–short, long, curled, straight … What can I say? I like changing my hair.

I want to tell you a little about me since you took the time to make it to this “about” page.
Life around the Scott Home

I’ve been married to my surfer husband for over 25 years. He has a heart of gold. In our relationship, I’m like the kite, and he’s the steady hand holding the string.

I’ve spent many years as the “den mom” in my own private Boy Scout troop … mom to two boys, one no longer living at home, and a whole slew of boys in our neighborhood too.

We also have a labradoodle puppy named Bella … she likes to eat shoes, tug the dishtowel off the stove, and chase squeaky balls. Sometimes she chills out and then we call her Bella-Snugarella because she flops against you like a living teddy bear. That’s my favorite.

Encouraging other moms is my jam. I’ve written several non-fiction books for women (under Patty H Scott), and I have a website dedicated to pouring out into mama hearts at slowdownmama.com.

When I’m not writing, I’m either reading, dancing zumba, or going on a walk or out to coffee with friends. I love road trips, especially when there’s adventure in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment