Tuesday, March 19, 2024

In the Orbit of You by Ashley Schumacher

 


Do you ever watch the clouds? OR What are you reading? I love to watch the clouds. The shapes, formations and beauty of them intrigue me. 


I was happy to be a part of In the Orbit of You with the #TalkingToMyBooksTravelingARC group. It is fun to read with friends, and see the amazing pictures they drew and notes they wrote in the book.


In The Orbit of You
by Ashley Schumacher is a delightful Young Adult novel. Nova Evans moves around so much. One of her favorite memories is of her friend Sam when they were very young. Sam Jordan has a laid-out plan for his life. He has a football, friends, a girlfriend, and college football scholarships. But he still remembers a little girl named Nova from his “before life.”


I enjoyed the story so much. The story takes place in the fall around homecoming and you experience the friendships and milestones of the time. The author’s characters were interesting and had such depth. I felt like I was peeling back the layers on Sam, Nova and their families as I read through the story, and I enjoyed getting to know them better. The flashbacks to when they were younger as they were building kingdoms outdoors made me smile and might have been my favorite part of the story.


This is a wonderful story with characters who I connected so well with. The author deals with heavy issues in gentle ways and makes the story unforgettable. I highly recommend In the Orbit of You.


I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

 

Ashley Schumacher is the author of Amelia Unabridged and Full Flight and has a degree in creative writing from the University of North Texas. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s either singing Disney songs, finding new and exciting ways to pester her family, or trying to find her inside voice, which has been sadly missing since birth. She lives in a small town north of Dallas with her husband, son, and more books than is strictly necessary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment