Thursday, May 16, 2024

To Catch a Coronet by Grace Hitchcock


A Coronet is another type of crown, but is reserved for the lower ranks of nobility like Marquesses and Marchionesses, Earls and Countesses, Barons and Baronesses, and some Lords and Ladys.


To Catch a Coronet by Grace Hitchcock
is first in her The Best Laid Plans series and a perfect Regency romance. Muriel Beau was a baker who is now a heiress and trying to fit into her new world. She has a way of causing chaos wherever she goes. When she is shunned after her very public proposal, she visits friends in London to start again. Captain Erik Draycott has been a privateer for many years, is trying to catch a spay, and is the heir to the Draycott Castle and the earldom. He is trying to figure out a mystery, and soon they are both caught in a web much bigger than either of them could imagine.

I was absolutely enchanted by this story. Muriel is a kind, funny and bold character who I adored and was rooting for her to have a happy ending. Captain Draycott is full of charm, courage, and a dash of intrigue. Together their humor, banter, and chemistry were a delight to read. I enjoyed meeting Muriel’s friends who I cannot wait to learn more about. I was kept guessing on who was the Napoleonic spy right up to the end. Such a satisfying read!

This fast moving story with great banter, delightful romance, and some mystery held my interest as I read the story in one day! This will be one of my favorite Regency stories this year! I highly recommend To Catch a Coronet by Grace Hitchcock.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

Grace Hitchcock is the author of multiple historical novels and novellas. She holds a Masters in Creative Writing and a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in History. Grace lives near New Orleans with her husband, Dakota, sons and daughter. Connect with her online at GraceHitchcock.com.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment