Monday, July 15, 2024

The Enchanting of Miss Elliot by Grace Hitchcock


The Enchanting of Miss Elliot: A Friends to Lovers Historical RomCom and third in the Aprons & Veils series by Grace Hitchcock is a wonderful read. Lorna Elliot decides to take a dare from her brother and applies to become a Harvey Girl waitress which is way harder than she could have imagined. She has been in love with her neighbor Gaston Reid since they were kids. He recently stopped being a ranger to be Sheriff of Las Vegas, New Mexico. When a criminal escapes and they believe he might be after Lorna their new adventure begins.

I am enjoying the Aprons and Veils series. Lorna is a spunky heroine who I enjoyed watching change and grow in the story. Gaston is how I picture every Texas ranger and watching him fall in love with Lorna made my heart happy. The varied settings of Colorado, train cars, outlaw camps, Harvey Houses, and beaches made the story interesting and fun to read. The story was filled with action and I kept wondering what would happen next! A wonderful read!

I enjoyed the adventure, romance and great banter of  The Enchanting of Miss Elliott by Grace Hitchcock. This was a great summer read and I look forward to the next book in the Apron and Veils series. I highly recommend.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own. 


Grace Hitchcock is the author of multiple historical novels and novellas. She holds a Masters in Creative Writing and a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in History. Grace lives near New Orleans with her husband, Dakota, sons and daughter. Connect with her online at GraceHitchcock.com.



2 comments: