Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The Summer of Yes by Courtney Walsh


The Summer of Yes by Courtney Walsh is an incredible book. Kelsey Worthington ends up in the hospital after a car jumps the curb. She wakes up next to Georgina Tate, a legend of the business world in New York City. Georgina is not the most approachable person, but the two connect as they ponder life. Kelsey wonders “What if I said yes to everything I’ve always said no to?” What would my life be like? Georgina is not so sure about that.

Oh, this was a delight to read as the characters were truly enchanting. Kelsey is a little bit meddling, introspective and just plain fun to get to know. Georgina is quite edgy, has regrets, and is honestly rather terrifying in a good way. I felt like I was being mentored by the characters, and I loved how humor was intertwined within more serious topics in the story. The book made me think about life, wonder what I would like to do differently with my life, and reminded me to make each day count. The setting of New York City and the coast of North Carolina made for a great read!

This was the perfect story for me as it shared life lessons with great characters, was humorous, and had sweet romance! I am a big fan of The Summer of Yes and I recommend you say “YES” to reading it. You will not regret your decision! I very highly recommend and this will be a top book of 2024 for me.

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.


Courtney Walsh is a novelist, artist, theatre director, and playwright. She writes small town romance and women’s fiction while juggling the performing arts studio and youth theatre she owns and runs with her husband. If For Any Reason is her eleventh novel. Her debut, A Sweethaven Summer, hit the New York Times and USA Today e-book bestseller lists and was a Carol Award finalist in the debut author category, and her contemporary romance Just Let Go won the Carol Award in 2019. A creative at heart, Courtney has also written two craft books and several full-length musicals. She lives in Illinois with her husband and three children and a sometimes naughty Bernedoodle named Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment