Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Break-Up Pact by Emma Lord


🕶Review: The Break-Up Pact by Emma Lord is a fun romantic comedy. June and Levi were best friends in high school. They have not talked in years. June is running her sister’s tea shop and Levi is living in New York in Finance. They both experience a humiliating viral break-up. They take on a fake relationship with each and become known as the revenge exes. So, do they become more than friends?

This story was all things glittery and fun. I loved the banter, chemistry and deep friendship of June and Levi. The story magically takes us through their past and present of their relationship. The themes of walking through grief, being true to yourself, and not letting the past define you resonated with me. There were several laugh out loud moments and I enjoyed the photo ops to make their relationship real!

This friends to more story was a great read. I enjoyed the characters, fake dating, beach town and great themes. I recommend The Break-up Pact by Emma Lord!
 
I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press for the gifted ARC. All thoughts are my own.



My name’s Emma Lord, and I’m all three Powerpuff Girls in a trench coat, but also an author based in New York City. When I’m not writing, I’m either running, belting show tunes in community theater, or mildly alarming bakery staff with my enthusiasm for cake. My novels include TWEET CUTE (2020), Reese’s YA Book Club pick YOU HAVE A MATCH (2021), WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE (2022), BEGIN AGAIN (2023), and THE GETAWAY LIST (2024), with upcoming novels THE BREAK-UP PACT (2024) and THE RIVAL (2025). You can find me posting way too much about dessert and books @dilemmalord on Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment