Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Rumored Fortune by Joanna Davidson Politano


A Rumored Fortune by Joanna Davidson Politano is a book you want to read and savor.  The book is filled with romance, intrigue, mystery, treasure hunting, and words of wisdom.  It is so well written.   I love the author’s descriptions of people, places and her wonderful use of language.  The book follows our heroine Tressa Harlowe and our heroine Donegan Vance as they both change and grow towards the Lord and fall in love. 

The book is set at Trevelyn castle.  The estate has a vineyard that is being cultivated by our hero.  There are many wonderful quotes about raising grapes from the notebook of a viticulturist at the beginning of each chapter.  For me the quotes were thought provoking and added greatly to the novel.  Ms. Politano weaves in the theme of vineyards throughout the story.  My favorite quote from Tressa “I can only take so much pruning, “she whispered.  “Why is God doing this to me?  He’s. . . He’s pruning the very life out of me.” 

A Rumored Fortune is the second book Joanna Davidson Poloitano has written. I consider her an author to watch, and one of my favorites.  I highly encourage you to read this fabulous book. 
I was given this book by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment